Terms & Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions which apply to your purchase of clothing, accessories and other goods ("Goods") from the M&Co web site at www.mandco.com (the "Website").
The Website and Goods are provided by M&Co Trading Limited, a company registered under the Companies Acts (Company Number SC662082 and VAT number GB263808936) and trading as M&Co ("Mackays", "we", "us", "our"). Our registered office is at Caledonia House, 5 Inchinnan Drive, Inchinnan Business Park, Inchinnan, Renfrew, PA4 9AF.
When we refer to "you" and "your" we mean the user of the Website whether or not the person is purchasing Goods from our Website ("User"). These are the terms and conditions ("the Terms and Conditions") which relate to your use of the Website and any purchase of Goods you make from the Website.
The Terms and Conditions contain the following sections:
- Part 1 - Your use of the Website
- Part 2 - Purchase of Goods
- Part 3 - General terms relating to our relationship with you
- Appendix 1 - Data Protection Notices
Please read them carefully before using or purchasing goods from this Website. By using the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions you are not permitted to use or purchase Goods from this Website. We recommend that you print or store a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.
We reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions under which the website is offered at any time. Any such change in Terms and Conditions will be effective once reflected in the text of these Terms and Conditions and published on this web page. You should check the Terms and Conditions periodically to ensure that you are aware of and complying with the current version.
If you have any queries, comments or complaints about these Terms and Conditions, our Website or Goods please contact us here or write to us at Caledonia House, 5 Inchinnan Drive, Inchinnan Business Park, Inchinnan, Renfrew, PA4 9AF.
Part 1 - Your use of the Website
This Part sets out some terms about information on the Website, descriptions of Goods and how you use the Website.
1.1 We try to make sure that all information on the Website, including descriptions of our Goods, and listed prices, are accurate and correct at all times. However, mistakes do happen. We will try to resolve all information errors on the Website as soon as reasonably possible, and, if we reasonably think that such an error has affected your purchase of Goods we will try to let you know. However, because we take these steps we will not be liable to you for any errors on the Website.
1.2 You should bear in mind that buying clothing and accessories over the internet provides a different shopping experience to buying in-store. In particular you acknowledge that:
- - the colours which are shown for the Goods on the Website will depend on many factors – including your display settings;
- - all sizes and measurements are approximate;
- - all Goods are subject to availability - we may not be able to supply your order;
- - any delivery estimates given on the Website or by email are estimates only;
- - the Goods and promotions which are offered on the Website may not be available in-store, and vice-versa.
2.1 We do our best to ensure that the Website operates properly at all times, but we make no warranties as to the availability or accessibility of the Website, and (save as otherwise set out in these Terms and Conditions) we will not be liable for any damages, loss, costs or expenses incurred by you as a result of any lack of availability or accessibility of the Website.
3.1 Any link (be it a hypertext link or other referral device) to any content of any other website ("3rd party site") accessed through this Website is provided solely for the use and convenience of the User. We do not endorse or approve the content of any 3rd party site. We are not responsible for the content of any 3rd party site nor will we have any liability in connection with any 3rd party site (including, but not limited to, liability arising out of any allegation that the content of any 3rd party site infringes any law or the rights of any person or entity).
4. Intellectual Property Rights
4.1 All intellectual property rights and goodwill in or relating to the content of the Website belongs to either us or to our suppliers.
4.2 Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions or the Website should be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, personal bar, or otherwise, any licence or right to use any of the intellectual property rights in the Website and its content without our permission. However, copying and printing of the Website pages is permitted within the scope of the licence below.
4.3 You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from the Website solely for personal non-commercial use. You may also recopy extracts downloaded in accordance with this paragraph to others for their personal, non commercial use.
4.4 You may not reproduce part or all of the contents of the Website in any form unless it is for personal, non commercial use.
4.5 You may not copy or otherwise incorporate into or store in any other website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work any of the content of the Website in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other).
4.6 You may not frame the Website or link to any part of it without our express written permission. If you would like to link to the Website, please email us at email@example.com.
4.7 Notwithstanding the above, caching of this site is permitted by an information service provider acting in the normal course of its business as provided for in the Electronic Commerce ( EC Directive) Regulations 2002.
5. Prohibited Use
5.1 You must be 18 years of age or older to register with the Website and to purchase goods from the Website. By registering to use the Website you warrant that you are aged 18 years of age or older.
5.2 You agree not to use the Website (or any part thereof) for any illegal purpose and agree to use it in accordance with all relevant laws.
Part 2 - Purchase of Goods
This Part sets out the terms which apply to your purchase of Goods from us through the Website.
6. Purchase Process
6.1 You make an offer to purchase Goods from us (your "Order") by completing the staged process on the Website as set out below:
- Adding product to your basket
- Checkout step 1 – Login details
- Checkout step 2 – address details
- Checkout step 3 – payment details
- Confirmation of Order
6.2 Your Order only constitutes an offer to purchase Goods from us, and does not form a binding contract until accepted by us. Where you order more than one item your Order contains a series of offers for each item individually.
6.3 On receipt of your Order, we will send you an acknowledgement email to the email address you supplied in the Order process. This acknowledgement email will contain your Order number, details of the Goods ordered, total cost of the Order, and a delivery estimate. This email is not acceptance by us of any offers to purchase Goods.
6.4 We will notify acceptance of your offer to purchase a product by sending an email advising that your Order has been accepted and despatched ("Acceptance Email"). This Acceptance Email constitutes acceptance by us of your offer and only at this stage is a binding contract created. Until this point you may vary or cancel your Order. We reserve the right to refuse any offer in your Order prior to the acceptance from us of the offer.
6.5 We must receive full payment of the price of Goods and the delivery charges before we can accept any offers to purchase Goods from the Website. Where you pay by credit or debit card we will process the payment at the time of preparing your Order of Goods for despatch.
7.1 All Orders are subject to availability. Stock availability can be checked online using the availability grids found on each product page. If you have any queries, please contact customer services through our Help Centre.
7.2 Unfortunately, we cannot ensure permanent availability of all items although we will try our hardest. Once we have received your Order, if something is out of stock or is otherwise unavailable we will notify you of this by email. On being notified that the item is unavailable, you may elect to cancel the Order by notifying us by email or phone that you wish to do so.
7.3 If the product is temporarily out of stock we will notify you by email or phone of when we might be able to deliver that item to you and give you the option of accepting this longer delivery period; ordering one or more alternative items of Goods or cancelling your Order.
7.4 Any item which is unavailable will not be included in the contract for the Order of Goods which is despatched. Where you order an alternative item, this will be considered to constitute a variation of your original offer to purchase Goods from us, and a binding contract will not be created until this offer is accepted by us in the form of an Acceptance Email.
7.5 We reserve the right to withdraw any Goods from the Website at any time before we accept your offer to purchase an item, and we will not be liable to you, or anyone else, for withdrawing goods.
8.1 All prices and charges on this Website are in UK Pounds Sterling and, unless otherwise stated, are inclusive of UK VAT and any other applicable taxes. Delivery charges will apply and these will be displayed in the order process.
8.2 Payment for Goods ordered online must be made through our Website using Visa, Visa electron, MasterCard, Maestro, Switch, Solo, American Express and Paypal. No other method of payment is accepted. Payment will be debited from the customer's credit or debit card at the time of preparing your Goods for despatch.
8.3 Gift vouchers purchased in stores are not accepted on the Website.
8.4 If you make a purchase using an electronic gift voucher and wish to cancel your Order and return the item, your account with the Website will be credited with the relevant amount to be used at a later date.
8.5 Price comparisons - where an item has been marked down and the previous selling price stated these goods were previously on sale in at least 10 of the 237 M&Co. | M&Co stores nationwide at the higher price.
8.6 In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
Pay Later 30
Pay in 3 instalments
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
9.1 We will deliver the ordered goods to the delivery address you supplied on the order form. If, however, the goods are returned undeliverable, we will treat the contract as cancelled, and the money paid to us, excluding the delivery charge will be refunded to you.
9.2 Delivery arrangements will depend on the location of the delivery address in the UK.
9.3 If your UK Delivery Order is acknowledged by email as received by us before 5pm on a working day and the item of Goods ordered is in stock we will endeavour to deliver your Order the next working day for Orders placed Monday to Thursday - see below for delivery times by day ("Next Day Delivery") - or within three to five working days ("Standard Delivery") depending on the delivery option selected in the Order process. Next Day Delivery is an additional service provided under a contract separate to that for the sale of the Goods. This additional service cannot be cancelled once we start to carry out this service. If you wish to cancel your Order, as outlined below, delivery costs will be refunded at Standard Delivery rates only. If your Order is acknowledged by email as received by us after 5pm on a working day or on a non-working day it will be deemed to have been received the following working day before 5pm for delivery purposes. The approximate delivery times are as follows:-
|Day of Week||Order Acknowleged as Received||Order Delivered by Next Day Delivery||Order Delivered by Standard Delivery|
Before 5pm Monday
After 5pm Monday
9.4 Please note that Standard Delivery times may vary depending on location.
9.5 A working day is a day which is not a Saturday, a Sunday, a bank holiday or other public holiday.
9.6 An estimated delivery time will be given in the Acceptance Email notifying you that your Order of Goods has been despatched. Although we will use all reasonable means to ensure that your Order of Goods is delivered within the time specified, we cannot accept responsibility for late deliveries that are due to circumstances outside our reasonable control. However, where reasonably possible, we will inform you if we become aware of any unexpected delay in delivery.
9.7 When the goods have been delivered to you, and you have paid the price, you will become the owner of those goods, at which point they will be your risk, and you will be liable for any subsequent damage, loss or destruction.
9.8 UK Delivery Orders will be delivered by Evri (Standard Delivery) or Parcel Force (Next Day Delivery and Guaranteed Saturday Delivery)and a signature acknowledging receipt of the Order at the delivery address will be required. UK Delivery costs will be £3.50 for Standard Delivery and £4.95 for Next Day Delivery. Where the total cost of a UK Delivery Order is less than £5, the Order will be sent by standard postal delivery at a cost of £3.50. Free standard delivery is only available on online orders of £50 or more spent in a single transaction. If items from an order eligible for free delivery are returned taking the outstanding value of the goods below the free delivery threshold of £50 the value of the returned goods will be refunded minus the cost of standard postage and packaging, £3.50. M&Co. reserve the right to discontinue a free delivery promotion at any time without prior notice and to change the amount required for eligibility.
9.9 Please note that promotional discounts do not include postage and packaging, unless otherwise stated.
10.1 You must choose a password for your user's account on completion of registration. You are responsible for ensuring that your login details, password and all other details in relation to your account remain confidential at all times. You are responsible for preventing unauthorised persons from using password and all other details. You are responsible for all use of your account using your password and shall only use the Website using your own log-in details and password. You must use every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it or permit it to be used by any other person. Please contact us immediately if you suspect that the security of your account is at risk.
10.2 All M&Co online purchases take place in a safe environment using the latest security technology to protect our customers.
10.3 We encrypt your debit or credit card information to ensure your transactions with us are private and protected as they travel over the Internet. We accept orders only from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above Version 3 support this security.
10.4 Your payment details are held in an encrypted format until we process your Order. All Orders are processed on computers that are not connected to the internet. This encryption protects against unauthorised parties reading information that you send us. 10.5 If you have questions regarding our credit card security policies, please contact customer services.
11.1 You can cancel your Order for any reason within 15 days of receipt of the Goods ("Statutory Cancellation Period") for a full refund or an exchange credit. To cancel your Order please write to us at Web Team, Caledonia House, 5 Inchinnan Drive, Inchinnan Business Park, Inchinnan, Renfrew, PA4 9AF or email customer services. This right to cancel for any reason under these Terms and Conditions is in accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013.
11.2 If you cancel your Order within the Statutory Cancellation Period and the Goods have been delivered, or are subsequently delivered to you, you must return the Goods to us within 14 days of cancellation and take reasonable care of them while they are in your possession. Details on how to return the Goods are given below. If Goods are not returned to us you will be charged for the direct costs incurred by us in recovering the Goods. Your obligation to take reasonable care of the Goods while they are in your possession extends to ensuring that hygiene seals are not removed and that items are not soiled or damaged while in your possession.
11.3 If you cancel your Order within the Statutory Cancellation Period we will refund the price of the Goods, together with the cost of Standard Delivery, to the debit or credit card used in the original transaction within 14 days. If, however, we consider that reasonable care has not been taken of the Goods while they were in your possession we will seek to recover the cost of the Goods from you. This does not affect your statutory rights.
11.4 In addition to your cancellation rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, we will give you a further 13 day period (commencing the day after the Statutory Cancellation Period) to cancel your Order and obtain a refund subject to Clauses 11.4 and 11.5. To cancel your Order within this 13 day period and obtain a refund you must return the Goods together with the returns form (enclosed with your Order of Goods). Details on how to return the Goods are given below.
11.5 Following the Statutory Cancellation Period, if you cancel your Order or return the Goods, we will not refund any delivery charges incurred by you for the Order. In addition, we will not provide a refund in respect of Goods which we reasonably consider to have been worn for an unacceptable length of time, have had their labels removed or have been soiled or damaged in any way.
11.6 Your refund will be credited to the debit or credit card used in the original transaction. Please note that refunds for goods bought as gifts can only be given to the debit or credit cardholder (the original payer).
12. Returning Goods
If you change your mind and wish to return any item(s) due to the item(s) being unsuitable, you must return the item(s) to us within 28 days starting from date of delivery in order to receive a full refund via the original payment method. This date will be printed on the invoice which is included in your order. If you receive an item which is faulty, this period is extended to 30 days. If you would like more information on your rights as a consumer, please refer to The Consumer Rights Act 2015.
There are 2 ways in which you can return goods to us;
12.1.1 By Post
To return your Order of Goods via post:
1. There is no need to telephone us when sending us a return.
2. Fill out the returns form enclosed with your Order of Goods. Please enter the quantity of the item you are returning and select a reason for return from the eight options.
3. Tear down the vertical perforation then tear down the horizontal perforation to detach the free returns label (only applicable when returning from a UK post office and using Royal Mail as the carrier method).
4. Place the return section inside the parcel and attach the free return label (only applicable when returning from a UK post office and using Royal Mail as the carrier method) by removing the adhesive backing.
5. Take the parcel to your local post office. Please retain your proof of postage stamp.
6. If you don't have your returns label, please send your parcel(s) to:
New Caledonia House
5 Inchinnan Drive
7. We will email to confirm your return has been processed.
12.1.2 Returns in-Store
You can return items through our participating stores. If you are returning an item via a store please take your delivery note with you. For details of your nearest store, use our Store Finder link. At the moment we are unable to accept returns in store if you have paid using PayPal. If you wish to return an item to us that you have paid for using your PayPal account please post your return back to us using the free Royal Mail returns label. Purchases made in-store cannot be returned via post to the Website return address. Unfortunately shoes, Jacques Vert, Precis Petite, Eastex, Dash, Roman Originals, VIZ-A-VIZ, Ten Cate, TIGI, Scarlett & Jo, Julian Charles & Quiz items purchased online can only be returned to our website using the free returns label and NOT returned to our stores.
12.2 If we reasonably consider that you have repeatedly taken advantage of our policy in relation to returning Goods you will be notified that your orders will no longer be accepted on the Website.
Part 3 - General terms relating to our relationship with you
14. We will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access the Website for any reason or any failure, error or delay in the sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium).
15. Nothing within these Terms and Conditions operates so as to exclude, limit or restrict our liability for death or personal injury or for any other liability the exclusion of which is expressly prohibited by statute.
16. These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
17. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the Terms and Conditions and that provision shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
18. All notices which we need to give to you under these Terms and Conditions will be sent by us to your registered email address.
19. These Terms and Conditions set out the entire agreement between you and us in respect of the sale, purchase and use of the Goods. They supersede any previous agreement or understanding in relation to the subject matter hereof. They may only be varied where separately agreed in writing between you and us.
20. If any provision of these terms and conditions is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions and the remainder of the provision in question shall be unaffected.
21. The interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of this agreement shall be governed by Scots Law, and you and we agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts for the determination of disputes. All rights not expressly granted are reserved to M&Co Trading Ltd.
Appendix 1 - Data Protection Notices
Loyalty Terms & Conditions
Welcome to M&Co’s loyalty card privacy notice. M&Co respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you sign up and use your loyalty card and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to our Data Protection Officer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Purpose of this Privacy Notice and Changes to this Privacy Notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how M&Co collects and processes your personal data through your use of the loyalty card. It includes information that you provide when you sign up for a loyalty card, fill in forms and use your loyalty card when purchasing items. o:p>
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
The loyalty card is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
3. Who We Are and the Personal Information that We Collect From You
We areM&Co Trading Limited trading as M&Co (Company Number SC662082) (“we”, “our” and “us”). We are data controller of any personal data that you provide us.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer the following kinds of personal data about you:
- Identity Data: includes [first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender].
- Contact Data: includes [billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers].
- Financial Data: includes [bank account and payment card details].
- Loyalty Card Data: includes [your loyalty card account details, number of points and points usage].
- Transaction Data: includes [details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us].
- Profile Data: includes [your loyalty card number, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses].
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes [your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences].
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
4. How is your Personal Data Collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions: You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- - apply for our products or services;
- - create a loyalty card account in store or online;
- - subscribe to our service or publications;
- - request marketing to be sent to you;
- - enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- - give us some feedback.
- Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:
- - Data from advertising networks
- - Data from search information providers;
- - Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services and
- - Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators
If you place an online order with us, to ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases. You acknowledge that such checks will be made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
5. How We Use Your Personal Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- - Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- - Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- - Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We usually do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Generally, we need your information and use the information we collect about you:
- - to enable us to supply you with products and services that you have requested;
- - to help us with understanding more about how our Loyalty Card is used;
- - to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise;
- - to prevent fraudulent activity;
6. Sharing Your Information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by our employees within the UK/EEA. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you, [including payment providers and marketing suppliers].
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may disclose your information to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets during a re-structuring, in which case, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and/or if M&Co or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, personal data held by it about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
7. Transfers Outside of the UK and Europe
Your information will only be stored by M&Co within the UK and EEA however suppliers we use may store data outwith the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
1.1.1 We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
1.1.2 Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
1.1.3 Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
8. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
9. Your Rights
You have the right at any time to:
- - Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check we are lawfully processing it.
- - Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- - Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- - Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- - Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- - Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- - Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email email@example.com
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
10. How Long We Will Keep Your Information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Loyalty and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products from us, registered for a loyalty card or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have opted in to receiving that marketing.
We will also get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with another company.
12. Opting -Out
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product purchase, product experience or enquiry.
13. Contact Information
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice.
If you have any questions or suggestions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights or if would like to make a complaint, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details set out below.
Postal address: M&Co Customer Services Team
5 Inchinnan Drive
Inchinnan, PA4 9AF
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Loyalty Card Terms and Conditions
2. To register for the Loyalty Programme you will need to complete an application form in a participating store or register for a Loyalty Account on our website at www.mandco.com. A Loyalty Account will be created in your name to record points to be earned or redeemed by you. You must be 16 years of age or over and resident in the UK to join the Loyalty Programme.
3. Your Loyalty Card is issued to you but remains the property of M&Co. You must return your Loyalty Card to us on request or destroy it if we so reasonably request. You are responsible for the security of your Loyalty Card, security details relating to your Loyalty Account and for the transactions and/or redemption of points made using your Loyalty Card. You should not share your Loyalty Account username and password with anyone, including M&Co staff. If you lose your Loyalty Card or think an unauthorised person has become aware of any security code, password or Loyalty Card number you should promptly contact the member helpline, 0800 009 3021.
4. Your Loyalty Card can be used to earn points at participating stores and online at www.mandco.com Details as to how points can be collected and redeemed appear below.
5. Loyalty Points are personal to you and cannot be transferred to anybody else. Loyalty Points may only be redeemed and earned in accordance with these terms.
6. Your Card cannot be used as a credit card or a guarantee card.
7.The Loyalty Programme is only for consumer use. The Loyalty Card cannot be used for any transaction where the beneficiary is a business entity or for any other commercial purposes
8. If you materially breach these terms, and where such breach can be remedied, if you do not remedy the breach within 30 days of a written notice of the breach from M&Co or if M&Co reasonably believes that you have breached these terms and/or abused the Loyalty Programme, your Loyalty Card may be terminated, any points earned but not redeemed may be cancelled and your Loyalty account closed without prior notice. M&Co reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary where a Loyalty Cardholder is found to have abused the Loyalty Programme.
9. In addition to the above, M&Co reserves the right to (i) stop issuing Loyalty Cards at anytime if we decide to terminate the Loyalty Programme; (ii) to alter or amend the terms and conditions of operation of the Loyalty Card and/or the Loyalty Programme by publishing notices on our website www.mandco.com; and/or (iii) withdraw or cancel the Loyalty Card and/or the points (including but not limited to the redemption and issue of such) and/or Loyalty Account on reasonable notice to you by letter, email or publishing such notice on our website at www.mandco.com.
11. We will retain your personal information for as long as you are a member of the Loyalty Programme. You may cancel your membership at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
12. The Loyalty Programme is operated and promoted by M&Co Trading Ltd, Caledonia House, 5 Inchinnan Drive, Inchinnan Business Park, Inchinnan, Renfrew, PA4 9AF. Registered in Scotland No.662082. The Loyalty Programme helpline can be contacted on 0800 009 3021.
Gold Card Free Delivery : Correct delivery option must be selected at the checkout. Offer applies to standard delivery only. M&Co reserves the right to change or withdraw a delivery offer at any time.
*Please note, as of 1st June 2017 the Gold Card free delivery offer will only be available for orders delivered to a UK postal address. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause.
How To Collect Points
1. To collect points for a transaction in a participating M&Co store, you must present your Loyalty Card at the till at the time of purchase or within 30 days of the date of purchase. To collect points for a transaction on our website, you must enter the Loyalty Card number at the checkout page before completing your order.
2. Points cannot be earned on the purchase of gift cards or gift vouchers.
3. You must spend at least £1 in a single transaction for the transaction to qualify for points. Then 5 points will be awarded for every £1 spent. The amount of points awarded can be altered at the discretion of M&Co.
4. M&Co reserves the right to offer bonus points on certain products as selected by us from time to time and in our sole discretion.
5. Points will usually be added to your Loyalty Programme instantly, except in the circumstances of system failure when it is expected that points will be loaded within 24 hours. In most circumstances any bonus points earned will be added to your Loyalty Programme 48 hours after the date the goods are purchased. Points cannot be redeemed until added to your Loyalty Account.
6. The current redemption value of points is one point equals 1 penny. We reserve the right to vary the redemption value at anytime.
7. M&Co are entitled to cancel points awarded if the relevant products to which such award relates are returned for any reason and a refund of the purchase price is given. If the relevant products are exchanged for other products, the points awarded would be adjusted upwards or downwards depending on whether the exchange is for a higher or lower value item.
How To Collect and Redeem Vouchers
1. Rewards, in the form of M&Co Points Vouchers will be mailed, emailed, sent via text message and delivered to the app with your M&Co Loyalty Account statements to Loyalty Cardholders who have accumulated a total of at least 500 points by the end of each collecting period.
2. Collecting periods and M&Co Loyalty Account statements will be issued at regular intervals throughout the year. Collecting periods and M&Co Loyalty Account statements issue dates may be varied at the discretion of the promoters.
3. M&Co Points Vouchers will be issued in multiples of 500 points. M&Co Points vouchers can be exchanged in full or part for the M&Co products with each 500 points equivalent to £5.
4. M&Co Points Vouchers are valid until the expiry date detailed on your mailed voucher, email, text message or app account.
5. Where M&Co Points Vouchers are being used as a payment for goods, the M&Co Loyalty Card must be presented at the point of sale.
6. Where M&Co Points Vouchers are being used as full payment for goods of a lesser value, no change will be given.
7. The value of the M&Co Points Voucher will be shared out pro-rata throughout all items purchased.
8. Where goods are returned that were purchased in full or part using M&Co Points Vouchers, refunds will be given for the part of the sale made with M&Co Points Vouchers as the value of points refunded back on to the Loyalty Card.
9. M&Co Points Vouchers are not redeemable in some M&Co concessions.
10. M&Co Points Vouchers can be redeemed online at www.mandco.com. Please refer to individual vouchers for terms and conditions.
11. M&Co Points Vouchers may not be used as part or full payment for M&Co gift cards or sale items.
12. M&Co Points Vouchers may not be used to make a payment to an M&Co or M&Co Trading Ltd Credit Account.
13. Members who do not reach the minimum number of points needed to qualify for a reward by the end of the collecting period will have their points total ‘carried over’ to the next collecting period.
14. M&Co Points Vouchers are and shall remain the property of the promoters, have no cash redemption value, are not for resale or publication and are valid in the UK and Isle of Man only.
15. Copied, damaged or defaced M&Co Points Vouchers will not be accepted.
16. If M&Co Points Vouchers are lost or stolen no replacements will be given.
17. M&Co reserves the right to withdraw the Loyalty Programme at any time.
18. See your mailed voucher, email, text message or your app account for individual expiry dates.
19. Reward Voucher terms and conditions apply.
20. Loyalty Reward vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional code.
21. Only one Loyalty Reward voucher can be used on an order at any one time
How we use your information
Offer and Competition Terms and Conditions
Multi-Buy Offers: Applies to selected items only. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer (including mix and match of departments) or discount with the exception of Loyalty Reward Vouchers. Returns will be refunded at the price paid.
Store Closure Offers: 20% off full price valid online at mandco.com or in app. Excludes promotional or sale items, toys, gift cards, online shipping charges and non-participating concessions. Use promo code within your email at checkout. Returned items will be refunded at the discounted price paid. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion with the exception of M&Co Reward Vouchers.
Cyber Monday 35% off: Offer available on full price items only. Offer excludes promotional or sale items, gift cards, online shipping charges and non-participating concessions. Discount is applied when code CYBER35 is inputted at checkout. Ends 11:59pm 28/11/2022. 'Biggest cyber monday ever' messaging refers to M&Co promotions only and does not reflect any external offers made by other retailers/business/corporations during the Cyber Monday 24hour period. Returned items will be refunded at the discounted price paid. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount, including Loyalty Reward Vouchers.
Promoter: M&Co, Caledonia House, 5 Inchinnan Drive, Renfrew, PA4 9AF
Gift Card Terms and Conditions
1. The M&Co gift card can be redeemed in M&Co stores in the UK and online at mandco.com as part or full payment for goods (exclusions apply).
2. Any payment credited to the card which is subsequently dishonoured will result in the credit being revoked.
3. The value of purchases will be deducted from the card balance; any remaining balance can be used against future purchases. Purchases and refunds outside the UK are subject to currency conversion at the prevailing daily rate.
4. The card is not for re-sale and cannot be exchanged for cash. No change or refund will be given. The card will not be honoured if re-sold. If found, return to M&Co, Caledonia House, 5 Inchinnan Drive, Inchinnan, Renfrew, PA4 9AF.
5. You can check your balance at any M&Co store or online at gifts.mandco.com.
6. The card will expire 24 months after last use and any remaining balance will be deducted.
7. Protect this card and treat it as cash; M&Co cannot accept responsibility if your card is lost, stolen or damaged. It will not be replaced or its value refunded in any of these circumstances.
8. This card remains the property of M&Co and is not a cheque guarantee, credit or charge card.
Social Media Terms and Conditions
You grant M&Co a royalty free, perpetual, worldwide licence to use your social media handle and your social media photograph(s) and in relation to which you have responded #YesMandCo (the “Photos”) on mandco.com, in M&Co stores (both bricks and mortar and online including but not limited to solus stores, franchise stores, wholesale stores and store-in-store concepts) and/or on any of M&Co platforms or M&Co’s wholesale or franchise partner platforms (including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook and Twitter), for M&Co and/or its wholesale and/or franchise partners marketing and/or in their advertising.
In addition, by replying #YesMandCo you also grant M&Co the right to use your username, real name, image, likeness, caption or other identifying information in connection with the use of your photo. M&Co will choose and publish uploaded photos at its absolute discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, M&Co is under no obligation to use any of the photos uploaded.
You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you own all rights in and to your Photos, (ii) you have permission from any person(s) appearing in your Photos to grant the rights herein, (iii) you are 18 years or older, and (iv) M&Co’s use of your Instagram handle and/or Photos will not violate the rights of any third party or any law.
You hereby waive any moral rights in the photos to which you are now or may be at any future time entitled under Chapter IV of Part I of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 or any similar provisions of law in any jurisdiction.
You hereby release and discharge M&Co from all and any obligation to pay you for any use of your photos and any of the intellectual property rights contained therein in connection with the uses described above.
You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold M&Co and any person acting on M&Co’s behalf harmless from all claims, demands, and liabilities whatsoever in connection with use of the photos as described above.
If you believe that an uploaded photo on our webpages is inappropriate, offensive or is violating someone’s legal rights (e.g. trademark or copyright infringement) then you can report the photo by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to remove the photos from Shop Instagram, website or marketing materials at any time, for any reason.
These terms & conditions were last updated on 21st November 2022.